It’s very important to us that all of our services and resources are as accessible as they can be – including this website.
Reading information on the screen:
- You can adjust the size of text if you need to, within your browser settings. If increasing the text size does not make text easy to read, it is also possible to magnify the screen.
- It’s also possible to set your screen to read text aloud to you if you want or need to.
Reading information in different languages:
- If you click on the Language button at the top of any page you can translate its text into a wide range of languages.
- It doesn’t matter what size or type of device you are using: our website should always display the same information.
- We're happy to receive requests for translation of our printed materials into other languages, including British Sign Language and braille.
- We're happy to receive calls from British sign language users via Contact Scotland BSL for referrals and to arrange appointments. Arrangements for suitable BSL interpreting for support, advocacy and counselling sessions can be discussed at this stage. More information can be found at Contact Scotland (contactscotland-bsl.org)
- Foreign language interpreting is provided via a telephone relay service, arranged on an individual basis for client contact.
If you experience any accessibility issues at all while you’re on this website, please let us know.